What is Motor third party liability (MTPL) insurance?
This is a mandatory insurance for every car which covers property and non-material damages caused at a driver’s fault.
Why order from us
We will not only provide you with a good deal, but also a recommendation for a reliable insurance company. You can also take advantage of our special Motor third party liability and Auto Casco insurance packages, which include discounts, delivery of the concluded policies and transportation of the car for inspection and repair of the damages.
- Non-material damages to third parties - this includes drivers of other vehicles, as well as pedestrians and cyclists;
- Property damage to other cars or property.
Attention: In the event of a road accident guiltily caused by the driver himself, the driver does not receive any compensation on the Motor third party liability insurance for property or non-material damages.
Where is the Motor third party liability insurance valid:
- On the territory of Bulgaria;
- In the EU countries - Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, the Netherlands, Romania, Croatia;
- In the EEA countries - Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Switzerland and Serbia.
For the other countries that are also part of the Green Card system - Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Russia, Belarus, Israel, Morocco, Iran, Tunisia, a Green Card certificate is required. It should be issued free of charge under the Motor third party liability insurance.
Attention: Kosovo is not a part of the Green Card system, so it is necessary to purchase an additional insurance at the border checkpoint.
Conclusion and price
The insurance period is one year. There are two payment options - a one-time payment or in two/four installments. The factors that influence the pricing of the Motor third party liability insurance are:
- Cubic capacity of the engine for passenger cars;
- Total weight for trucks;
- The place where the car is registered;
- Driver’s age;
- Violations committed;
- What is the car used for (the insurance for training cars and taxi cars are more expensive);
- Having another insurance in the same company.